Monday, May 26, 2008

python web frameworks

Jonathan Ellis has a post of his opinion about some Python web frameworks.

Currently I use BlueHost for a very basic web site. They advertise support for Python and Ruby on Rails. I've heard of some videos for Ruby on Rails. I believe they are on the official site here, but I'm planning on continuing with the Python route instead for now since I'm working on getting more familiar with that language. His post mentions TurboGears or Django or Pylons as alternatives. However, so far I don't see any response to a forum post asking about Pylons support about a year ago, and it seems like some other forum posts describe how to manually install the other two frameworks (I haven't tried their scripts yet). Since this isn't urgent I plan on continuing to look for more information about this. Perhaps eventually Bluehost will have more support and that will make things easier.

No comments: